Credit Card Charges / RyanAir

speedbird1

Has anyone used the new Halifax debit card while purchasing RyanAir tickets on line. If so what do Ryanair charge for use of this debit card.? As everone knows a normal credit card now costs €4 per person per sector. Why not a single tranaction charge per transaction.
If anyone can advise on how to avoid some or all of these card charges please let us know.

I see on line rumours that NIB also have or are about to introduce a debit card. ?

Thanks

I see on line rumours that NIB also have or are about to introduce a debit card.

What is the difference between a "debit card" and the combined ATM/Laser card I have from NIB?

Slim

Laser is a type of debit card. There are others - e.g. VISA debit card, Maestro etc.

Excessive in that it does not equate to the actual cost and as an unfair contract term as it is an unavoidable charge.

I don't see that these are grounds for any complaints based on statutory rights. Who do you envisage complaining to and based on what rules/regulations other than not liking the charges?

As a merchant myself if I attempted to charge people more for using a credit card even if I tell them about it beforehand i would loose my merchant account. Extra charges are prohibited by the merchant agreement.

Has anyone used the new Halifax debit card while purchasing RyanAir tickets on line. If so what do Ryanair charge for use of this debit card.? As everone knows a normal credit card now costs €4 per person per sector. Why not a single tranaction charge per transaction.
If anyone can advise on how to avoid some or all of these card charges please let us know.

I see on line rumours that NIB also have or are about to introduce a debit card. ?

Thanks

I recently booked flights on RyanAir with my Halifax Debit Card, and it cost €1 per person per one-way trip, so this cost me €4 for two ppl in total.

This has now increased to €1.50, so it would now cost €6 for two ppl. :(

Credit Card charges are €4 pp/ow. So my return trip would have cost €16.

See [broken link removed]

They are still excessive as the max any merchant pays is 2.5% for credit cards and 25 cents for debit cards regardless of amount.

It is a great money spinner for them.

As a merchant myself if I attempted to charge people more for using a credit card even if I tell them about it beforehand i would loose my merchant account. Extra charges are prohibited by the merchant agreement.
Are all merchant agreements the same across the board?

Why not complain to the relevant card providers in question and see how you get on?

Back