Credit Card cancelled

Em1262

Hi,

I have been informed I am over the 120 day limit to pay off my credit card overdraft,

It is Friday evening and I received a letter from AIB saying they demand I pay the amount in full or it will result in a debt collector and/or ending up in a legal situation, this has resulted in me being extremely upset as I pleaded with them to try and set up a payment plan,

I have been unwell and have spoke to AIB numerous times on the phone to try and organise a payment plan and they have told me a payment plan is not something they offer,

They now want the full amount paid and I couldn’t not afford to pay that before the next 3/4 months with physio and doctors bills,

Would anyone have any experience with this is it a case that when I ring them Monday morning as they close all weekend would I be able to set the payment plan up now ?

How much debt are we talking about and did you ask the bank about transferring it over to a term loan??

Call MABS who will advise you.

The bank clearly got tired of the non payment.

Don’t worry about legal action or debt collectors. Pay it off bit by bit if you can.

How much debt are we talking about and did you ask the bank about transferring it over to a term loan??
Banks tend to be very slow to offer term loans to customers who are already in arrears on other products. The OP would be best advised to make a small payment on the accounts (40 euro or something meaningful) and then discuss. But the advice to talk to MABS is useful.
Be careful of this in general with banks - if you talk to someone in the branch they might give you the forms to fill out to take out a term loan but it will almost certainly be refused leaving you in the same position. Just make a small payment and then call MABS.

Back