Credit Card by end of next week?

kraggy

Hi there,

Going travelling Friday week (20th) and forgot about applying for Credit card til now.

My own bank (AIB) have told me today that if i applied today,then i wouldn't have it on time.

Any other companies a bit faster?

thanks,

k.

I doubt it-Tesco and Halifax seem fairly slow. You can always try the likes of MBNA.

Do you have an ATM/Laser card with Cirrus/Maestro/Plus+? If so then you should be able to use that to withdraw cash abroad. Charges may be slightly higher than CC (in particular cash withdrawals from a preloaded account) but if you've no other choice...

Thanks for that guys,

Rang MBNA and they said they can get one out in 3 days at a cost of €50, which will be put on the card itself.

No other option really. Need a credit card for South America for booking flights while over there etc.

Besides, got stranded in Brussels with no money before even though i had an atm card that had cirrus/plus. Couldn't get cash from any machine. The comms line between Belgium and Ireland was down for that whole week...

Thanks for the help anyway.

K.

yeah, i've thought of that thanks.

just rang them there again and asked them what's the difference betweent your various credit cards?

she said that they are all the same but that one has an APR of 13.9% and another has 16.9%.

i said "surely there must be other differences or why would someone choose the more expensive over the less expensive one?"

She said that some people just prefer the higher APR!

am i missing something here?!

k.
ps. i can only see their gold card on their website and the other charity and ryanair cards. can't see anything for their platinum card to check the differecnces between them. any details?

MBNA standard and platinum cards are listed in the IFSRA CC cost survey available [broken link removed]. Obviously the best way to use a CC is to pay the bill on time thereby rendering the rate charged of academic interest.

Can Maestro be used outside of Europe?

Can only find a maestro site that lists european countries.

and can't find anything on charges...

thanks for help clubman.

k.