Credit Card Billing mix-up

lenovoguy

Hi there

I have an AIB student mastercard. I had a bill of €1023 which was taken today. I paid €650 off the card online on Thursday morning, but I completely forgot that the Friday and Monday were bank holidays. Apparently their online system takes bank holidays too as the full 1023 was taken out of my account this morning, not the €383 I was expecting, leaving my current account in debit!

I'm just wondering what to do now to rectify this situation, as between what I paid on Thursday and what they took today, I've given them 1683 euros!

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Lenovoguy

Call them, they can normally reverse a payment for you.

I already rang the online banking support, they said they cant reverse the payment I made on Thursday as it has already hit the CC account. Are you referring to that or the direct debit payment this morning?

This happened me before with the Bank of Ireland. I think if you send them a request in writing, they can reverse it for you. So maybe you could pop into your branch or fax them something. Just make sure they don't charge you for this, and that it is for Same Day value, or else you could be charged for having your current a/c overdrawn.

An alternative would be to withdraw the cash through the ATM from your Visa a/c, and lodge the cash then to your current a/c. Don't think there is a charge for this as your visa is in cr, but again I would check with your branch.

Hope that is of some help.

I meant call AIB card services. If they see that it was a genuine mistake, I'm sure they can sort something out.

Well I rang the bank anyway, not very helpful. They just said that they will try to debit my account again on thursday or friday and if that fails then I will be charged a late payment fee :S