Credit card balance transfer

plankton

Hello, I would like to avail of an interest free period on my AIB credit card debt by transferring the balance to a new card, What dose the interest free period mean? What do I have to pay per month to keep the balance interest free? What are the best offers out there? Any thing else I should be aware.

Might be worth looking at the NCA CC cost survey:

http://compare.nca.ie/CreditCard

You need to read the terms & conditions of the relevant CC 0% balance transfers. For example some may only be 0% as long as you make no further transactions until the balance is cleared.

Also be careful about balance transfer fees. These can be quite large sometimes, and are in the fine print of the offer. This can make the transfer possibly not worth it!

Hello, I would like to avail of an interest free period on my AIB credit card debt by transferring the balance to a new card, What dose the interest free period mean? What do I have to pay per month to keep the balance interest free? What are the best offers out there? Any thing else I should be aware.

MBNA's minimum payment is 1% of the balance, so if you transfer 1,000 euro to them, you pay 10 euro off the balance when your first payment is due and 1% of 990 euro or 9.90 for your 2nd payment etc

you don't want to be late with paying MBNA every month as late payment incurs a fee of about 15 euro.

Back