Credit card application

Mely

Hey guys,

I'm a customer of AIB, and i applied online for a credit card. They sent me the forms & envelope to post back, however I was a little confused as they were asking for other document & having to go to the branch etc. I rang them up & a guy i spoke to put me on hold & came back and said it had already been pre approved & to just sent the "credit agreement" in the envelope. I filled in direct debit details, if i wanted additional cards etc & how much % i want to pay each month etc & signatures.

The start of the letter begins Thank you for applying for an AIB Credit Card facility, We are please to enclose a Credit Agreement for completion.

On Sat i spoke to a girl about an update on the application (as i returned the forms on the 3rd of Aug) She said that i should call back either Mon or Tue & that the application had not been pre-approved, to be honest it didnt seem like she know alot as it took her ages to find my application, then systems crashing etc.

Has anyone gone through this & what was the outcome ie after the "credit aggreement" was the application declined or approved in the end.

It looks that their online application system is 100% not working as you have to go to the branch for them to verify the originals of your documents. Was in very similar situation. Was told that everyhting is sorted, just send us the form.did that.Nothing happened for a couple weeks. Rang back just to find out that my application was declined. Asked why, and got the reply, that it´s their policy to verify originals. Had to go to the branch. So, if any of you reading this decide to go easier way in applying for AIB CC, go to the branch.
P.S.just forgot to mention that card was approved after they´ve checked the originals.

Back