Credit Card Application Problems

H

hearto83

HI,
I am a 23 year old graduate looking to get a credit card. I already have an AIB student M/C but wish to get a 'proper' credit card (higher limit).
However, the c/c department of AIB (my bank) say that i MUST have my wages paid directly to my bank account. unfortunatly i am paid cash in the job i have had for the past 4 1/2 years, and have only just started another job last month. I have been working since I was 16, have no overdraft, and no outstanding c/c balance. I live with my parents, have no bills to pay and earn up to é35,000. since i have just graduated, and got another job (still working in the previous job part-time), i thought i should not have a problem getting a card, but AIB dont agree.
can anyone suggest another company, or another way to get a card with a higher limit of 1,000?????

Can you ask for your wages to be paid directly to your account?

Have you tried other providers?

If you can't prove income, you may find it difficult.

the new job i started will pay the wages direct, but they say i will still have to wait 12 months.
i have been a customer with AIB for over 10 years, and there is money in the account to cover a limit of 2,000 all the time.
i have tried mbna but they want similar wages evidence...and these companies will not accept 7 years worth of p60's..

Hmmm. If MBNA won't do it, I don't know if there is much hope to be honest.

Maybe you could try speaking to your local bank manager directly?

Why do you want a Higher Limit? If you want to use the card to buy an expensive item, or go on holidays you can transfer money into the account, thus giving you a higher limit!

Towger.

Towger is right of course, but sometimes it is very useful to have a higher limit, as long as you can clear it when it is due of course.

There are also doubts as to whether or not you are covered for fraud when your account is in credit.