Credit Card and Personal Loan Help

P

pockettens

I have a credit card and personal loan off around 10k. The problem is that i have been out of work for a year now due to illness. I monthly repayments are quite alot compared to the income im getting and was wondering what to do. The monthly repayments are appox 360 euro a month. I was thinking of approaching the bank and asking them could i consolidate the two loans and reduce the monthly repayements in half their by taking out a new loan over a longer period. Is this the best way to go. Are the banks understanding to these issues.

hi pockettens sorry to hear you are unwell, first stop for something like this is to talk to mabs, http://www.mabs.ie/ they'll give you the best possible advice and options open to you. 1890283438 Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Definitely approach the bank (and maybe MABS as mentioned above) before you start missing repayments. The fact that you address such issues head on will stand to you with the bank and, if the worst comes to the worst, with a court if the lender goes that far to secure repayment.

Great thanks for your help. That website looks very helpful.