Credit Agricole/Britline Paying 4.50% for 1 Year Term Less Fees

It might be worth mentioning that the Livret A is subject to 30% tax for non residents. The 30% tax is not deposit interest tax but rather a different tax type. Hence, it seems to not be deductible against your Irish DIRT liability.

@Lightning. I can't find a reference anywhere to Livret A being taxed in the case of Non Residents. When I was researching it, I found a lot of this kind on language floating around:

Which could be said to be slightly misleading, but it definitely doesn't say that it will be taxed in France. As an Irish tax resident I fully accept that it will be liable to DIRT in Ireland.

Also worth mentioning that the Livet A rate is now fixed at 3% until Jan 2025.

It may not be worth the trouble of setting up a Livret A on it's own, but having gone through the motions of setting up a French Current Account and DAT Quattro, it appeared to make sense to me to open one of these as well. After all it's not often you come by a Government guaranteed demand deposit account offering 3%, even if the max balance is €22,950.

Just wondering if you cancelled your cards so the monthly current account fee is just 1 euro and if so how that went?
No. The "vibe" was that they "expected" one of the packages "Essential" or "Premium" to be selected. I sensed that there would be push back if I started arguing the fine print of the charging booklet. As I stand to make over €5k before DIRT, I decided to overlook the issue for now, especially as the Premium package is currently being offered with a 50% reduction in year 1.

For the purposes of the Best Buy thread I think the following statement would cover this "Current account mandatory with this product. One of two current account packages must be chosen, either "Premium" which costs €183.60/year or "Essentiel" which costs €109.80/year."

Thanks for the correction on the 30% tax. Very strange that I can see multiple posters mention this on Reddit. Maybe there is confusion with other taxes as suggested above or maybe it is an old tax. Anyways, great that the Livret A is not taxed for non residents bar normal DIRT.

I will add the Livret A (and the associated fees) to the best buys later.

Understood that reducing the fees to 1 euro per month is far from easy and most people will need to pay the current account fees you mention. I will make that clear later too.