Creda Electric Storage Heaters

A

andycole9

Hi all. I have read through alot of the posts and most things make sense. I have a few other questions though. i have three storage heaters in my apt, one of which is a combi, i.e. it has a manual fan. By manual though, i mean i can turn it on once the ESB night rates kick in, about 23.00 each night. i would have thought that the whole idea behind a manual option, is that i could turn it on when i wanted to. Does anyone have one of these Creda combi storage heaters?

I have tried to put the input at 6 and output at 1 over night tonight and will then increase output tomorrow evening and see if that makes a difference on the other two heaters. As a general rule of thumb, should i leave input at 6 all the time and output at 1 overnight, increasing it in the evening to release the heat? Also, can i leave the main switch on, all the time? It only costs once 23.00 comes along and the red light comes on, right?

Finally, i have two electric mounted heaters with timers. Again, is it ok to leave the main power switch on, all the time but since i have it on timer, it will only cost me when the heater flicks on per the timing i have it set to?

Thanks for your help

increase the output to 3 or higher and when you turn the manual switch on - you get fan heat at any time of the day/night.

I always set the dial to "6 input" and approximately "3 output".

You need to have the main switch on all the time. In the summertime I turn this switch off.

hope this helps.
Mcgann

Storage heating is designed to run by night at a cheaper rate of electricity

Devireg 710-2

Hi
I am a “newbie “ to storage heaters and have found all postings very helpful. I have the basic Creda heaters with 2 dials .
Still puzzled with this Devireg 710-2 Thingy in the fuse box. What exactly is the dial next to the red flashing light for with
+4 +2 0 -2 -4 next to it .Even on the Devireg web site this is not clearly explained.