creche or childminder for 20 month old?

moneygrower

I'd like to hear opinions of which is a better environment for a toddler in full-time care.
I'm back to work mid-April and have yet to organise childcare. My son is very outgoing and really enjoys his two afternoons a week in a creche. I'm wondering if a childminder would be better full-time at his age, would he get more individual attention, or is a creche better in that the day is totally focused on the children?

Ps. I'm looking for recommendations of places/people near the Phoenix Park. (I posted previously asking re: Castleknock area and got great pm but it's in the wrong direction, now I know where I'll be working, I need something city centre direction).

Here is my experience. Other people will have different ideas.

My daughter went to a creche/Montesori a few weeks before her 2nd birthday.

A creche is staffed by professionals and they are fun for kids. They apply routine and discipline. If a childminder is sick or needs to go to the hairdresser, then your child has to fit in with that routine.

My daughter (aged 3 years + 2 months) can count, sing songs like ABC.
Our friend's daughter is a few weeks younger than ours. She went with an experienced childminder but the little girl has none of the social skills that our little girl picked up.

I acknowledge that there are probably many brilliant childminders out there and perhaps our friend's kid has been unlucky. She is a wonderful child otherwise but is very shy with other kids.

Also, I suggest that you go on to the excellent Irish parenting website www.rollercoaster.ie to find out about creches near Phoinix Park.

I know rollercoaster, I find it muddled and difficult to search.
Is your friends daughter being minded on her own? I wouldn't want him to be on his own with a childminder, I know he craves the company of other kids. Other than that I'm not too bothered by abcs as he's only two, I just want him to be happy.

When working I have found a creche one of the best options.
The creche has improved my daughters social skills no end. Given that shes an only child ( and will be for a long time given the current climate!!) it has helped her, she knows how to share, inteact, her speech is fantastic, counting, even reading and writing letters at this stage, she has such skills now and I am not worrying baout how she will fare in school in September. I look at a neighbours child the same age and hes with a childminder, and there is such a difference between them, you would think she is about 9 months older.....
ALso you know when a creche is open and closed, if a staff member is sick, another staff member covers rather than a childminder going sick and then you struggling to find alternative care.
Only problem is when your child is sick but I have heard stories of childminders who have sickness policies as strict as any creche.....
I suppose its all down to finding either a creche or minder that suits you.......

Have you try the creche in Kilmainham close the hilton hotel . Is a brand new creche built last month ,I think the name is Safari . IS beside the appartement ,old chocolate factory kilmainham , in inchicore road .40 EUROS BY DAY

Regards

Pastry chef

Back