Creative ZEN X-Fi2

mozzer

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading my MP3 player.

The 64gb version of this seems great value at €249.99.

Anyone have one or have any views on what it's like.

I have a Zen Vision M at the moment and it does the job on music and video which is what I want it for.

any thoughts?

Mozzer

I've owned a ZEN Vision:M for a couple of years and have no plan to 'retire' it - it does all I want of such a unit.

One feature dropped for the newer ZENs, such as the X-Fi2, is the TV Out - you can watch video on screen, but not out through a TV screen. That feature is something I value and is one of the reasons I'm still using the Vision:M.

I had a zen and loved it, they are great gismos. I was going to buy a new one but then thought,,... why buy something that good mobile/smart phone can do? MP3 players are dying of death because of this. I'd rather pay for a smartphone that is a camera/phone/mp3 player all in one...! Some even play movies. But I will say one thing, I cannot stand touch screens. Give me buttons!

Thanks TarfHead, you've made me rethink this. The TV Out feature is something I also make regular use of on the Vision M. I think I'll stick with the M until it gives up the ghost. I suppose the only thing that was making the X-Fi very attractive was the disk space (64GB) plus the option to add more with a memory card. I'll put it on hold for a while.

Thanks Zen, you also make it a good case for a SmartPhone that does everything. I don't think I'm ready for that jump yet though. It's only Movies and Music I'm interested in.

Back