Creative Zen Vision - Suitable When Jogging? + Speakers

BobbyFowler

I was going to go ahead and buy one of these players? I jog a bit & was wondering whether all that moving around could damage the player in any way? I know I could also get a 1GB Player for 50 Odd Euro if I just wanted to have some music for the jogging. Any tips? Other question is this - getting married in Italy next year. We'll have music during the meal and all that. There'll be 80-100 people there & weather permitting, will be outdoors. Cost to have a DJ there (playing our own music) is 800 odd euro. It's not like we need STADIUM SOUND - am I pushing it though if I just invest in a decent set of speakers rather than paying some punter all that dosh? The speakers I've looked at initially seem to have a pretty miserable output (6W) Again, any advice?

For jogging you're probably better with the smaller flash memory player. It has no internal moving parts (hard-drive) and is more likely to survive a fall. The [broken link removed] has a nice big colour screen, doesn't look very rugged. For the wedding, by the sounds of it you'll need a proper P/A system, not some plug in speakers. The hotel or restaurant may be able to provide, but otherwise, yes you'll need to hire something.

You should think about getting a waterproof MP3 player. I was out running one evening and got soaked in a shower of rain and the water obviously killed the MP3 player I had at the time.

Something similar with another one I had in the GYM, I sweat buckets in the GYM and after a few weeks of the MP3 player being held in the waistband of my shorts it too give up.

So my next one is going to be a waterproof one!

As previously said, if you plan on having the MP3 player take some rough and tumble go for a flash based player. Lots of information around on these if you google them, basically, as already said, no moving parts so won't be a problem using them while jogging.

Personally, if I was to have a device for something which could cause it damage (any number of accidents could occur to a device if out running with it) I'd go for a cheap and chearful version which wouldn't cost the bank to replace.

When it comes to the wedding music, MP3 players can be a good way of getting playlists together that you actually want to play, but having a professional sound system is definatly worth going for (Also worth having the tracks at a higher rate than you would usually go for - with large/loud/professional speakers you should probably aim to rip them at the highest possible rate). Ask around some local venues, I'm sure some would happily allow you to hook everything up to the in-house system (some should have a pre set up outdoors system - I know most in Spain and Portugal do, I presume Italy would too) knowing they'd make on the bar/food takings.

Cheers for that info. Yep, makes sense to have something cheap & cheerful when out running (especially when that rain arrives + the sweat aspect). On the speakers - fair enough. The music I've taken off allofmp3 is at the lowest bit rate. If it's worth doing, I'll take whatever wedding tunes we'd use, & get them again.

Sorry to piggback this one but Im in Dublin city and im looking to pick up a small number of creative Zen Vision M for customers. Can anyone suggest a good place to go price wise

The Creative website is a decent place to start-free delivery on most orders.

Thanks Ccovitch, time constraints, need to pick them up today!