Creative Zen V MP3 Player Problem

Fubar

Hi folks,
I have recently purchased a Creative ZEN V MP3 player. It came with an installation disc which I duly loaded correctly or so I thought. Unfortunately when I launch the software I keep getting an error message telling me that ' Your player is not connected. Please connect your ZEN V series to the computer' even though the player is connected via a USD port. I have tried uninstalling and re installing and also tried different USB ports but all to no avail.
Has anyone else out there had a similar problem and if so what is the solution. I have a Dell Dimensions E521 pc with Windows Vista.
Any help would be much appreciated

Fubar

Did you try ringing the Creative helpline???? Had a similar problem when I purchased my Zen Vision M first and it was a software fault on the player, not the computer..... They replaced it no problem.

I had a similar problem with a Zen, I downloaded updated Jukebox drivers from the creative website, and its perfect since. I don't think I needed to update the player software AFAIK.

Folks,

Thanks for the replies. I have now sorted out my problems. My Zen worked perfectly with Windows Media Player (pre installed when I bought the PC) without having to install any additional software.

Fubar

Back