Creative zen not charging from hub

car

Got a creative zen, will charge from a laptop or PC via usb as normal, however, it wont charge from a powered USB hub (hub is USB 2). The little lightening bolt comes on when its plugged in to show that its connected but it has no charge in it up to a day later. The problem is the zen isnt mine and the person who owns it doesnt have a pc (I was going to give them the hub for charging the zen). The zen was bought SH so no warranty/receipt etc. Had a look on creative labs and couldnt find anything. Anyone?

If you have the hub connected to the PC/laptop and connect the Zen for charging does Windows report any issues (e.g. power surge on port)? Maybe, in spite of being powered, the hub cannot deliver the required juice?

For what it's worth your friend could by one of those USB charger devices that plugs directly into the mains and just provides the required 5V power to the USB port. [broken link removed]. There are lots of others on eBay and elsewhere including travel ones with 110/240V and different plug compatibility. [broken link removed].

Don't know if you've tried this, but when I'm charging mine I have to turn on the key lock, and it will then charge from any pc, usb hub or suitable mobile charger

thanks for the suggestions, I hadnt noticed if that lock was on or not, might be the answer, will give it a go. If not I might go for one of the above links. That 89p one from the uk is strangely tempting.

My daughter bought one of those last Christmas not knowing it could only be charged from PC. She has never been able to get a charger that will simply plug into a socket like mobile phone charger which is what she wanted. (I'm not very technically minded so i dont know correct terms for all these things), however she recently told me that Zhivago (I think) in Galway had them for €40. There is shop in Dublin called Back to the future that also sells them I think.

My daughter bought one of those last Christmas not knowing it could only be charged from PC. She has never been able to get a charger that will simply plug into a socket like mobile phone charger which is what she wanted. (I'm not very technically minded so i dont know correct terms for all these things), however she recently told me that Zhivago (I think) in Galway had them for €40. There is shop in Dublin called Back to the future that also sells them I think.
They're a lot cheaper online (e.g. eBay) as mentioned above!

on ebay do a search on seller creative.labs.europe

i got a creative origional multi charger for a tenner before xmas. the box was slightly dented but that was about it. it works fine. can now charge my zen vision m at home and in the office without lugging around cables.

[broken link removed]is the only one I could see there and its 29.95e? is that the same one?

I guess that some Creative devices charge via USB and some via a normal power jack. Maybe some support both?

[broken link removed]is the only one I could see there and its 29.95e? is that the same one?

that's the one I got for a tenner and it is excellent. keep an eye on the site. it is updated every few days. It looks as if they use it for stock that may have been returned if the packaging was damaged or the like. my item was deliverd by courier the following day for only €7.

Back