Creative Zen- lost wire where to find?

blueshoes

Hi,

Ive lost the white wire that lets you put songs from the computer onto the zen. Im like stuck in last years music still!!

Does anyone know where I could buy one of these wires? How much would it be? Or would I have to order it direct from them? The shop I bought it in is closed down.

Also is there any other way I can copy music to the zen from my computer without the aid of the wire?

Sorry for been so stupid i just havent a clue. Thanks

You just need a regular FireWire cable (I think). I've got several as one came with a camera. Just bring the Zen to a hi-fi store or possibly PC World.

You just need a regular FireWire cable (I think). I've got several as one came with a camera. Just bring the Zen to a hi-fi store or possibly PC World.

Do you mean one came with a digital camera you have? I have a digital camera with that wire work? I dont even know what a fire wire is!

CCOVICh cheers for the reply will check it out

I doubt it is a Firewire connection-I'm pretty sure it is plugged into the USB port on your PC-any Creative player I've seen operates in this way.

Is there another way of transferring music to a Creative? No.

You could also check www.creative.ie

I doubt it is a Firewire connection-I'm pretty sure it is plugged into the USB port on your PC-any Creative player I've seen operates in this way.
My [broken link removed] is USB 1.1 and Firewire but I suspect that most other Creative models are USB 2.0 only.

Thanks guys for the info. Im completely lost now and will show this to himself when home from work as he's more techinal minded than me.

My camera wire doesnt fit the zen i tryed. Looks like will have to go to a shop and buy one

Don't try and force cables from other items into the Zen-I know someone who tried this and they ended up damaging it so they couldn't transfer music anymore.

Thanks guys for the info. Im completely lost now and will show this to himself when home from work as he's more techinal minded than me.

My camera wire doesnt fit the zen i tryed. Looks like will have to go to a shop and buy one
If you just posted the specific model details or checked the manual then it would probably be very clear what cable you needed!

Any USB cable (with the correct ends) will do. You can buy them in shops for some silly amount of money like €15 probably, but if you ask enough people you will come across someone with a whole stash of them left over from all their technology upgrades. I don't even buy that much equipment and I have 3 or 4 around the place. The particular small one used for the zen is also used for loads of cameras and other small devices like other MP3 players.

z

Creative charge more for them, go to ebay or anywhere else you can get accessories and look for a sync and charge cable

[broken link removed]