Creating a shared photo album on the web for free?

polo1

I want to share some photos (over 200) which I took recently at a wedding with some friends. Is there a way of doing this on the web for free - by creating an album or something? What is the best and easiest way of doing this please?

Thanks,

Re: Creating a shared photo albumn on the web for free?

try flickr or photobox.ie

Picassa from Google is great, you need a gmail a/c

Picassa from Google is great, you need a gmail a/c

Can you use Picassa to share on the web, I didn't know that even tho' I've been using it for a few years as a photo editor and viewer on my pc.

Can you use Picassa to share on the web, I didn't know that even tho' I've been using it for a few years as a photo editor and viewer on my pc.

You can...I was on holiday recently and we shared our pictures via Google/Picassa

Picassa, create a web album - very easy. Might have just been a once off but I remember uploading photos to photobox being very slow which put me off at the time.

Bear in mind the fact that sticking your photos on the web means that anybody can use them for any purpose whether intended by the originator or not. And the people in the photos may have views on their images being shared.

Thanks for your responses all. I will try the Picassa route.

Clubman - Is there a way of password protecting this to limit the amount of people who can view this. I never thought about that scenario.

Thanks,

I have all my Picasa albums set as "Unlisted" and then share them to just the people I want.

Ref Picassa - can you share the photos with anyone? Or just people with a Gmail account?

Thanks