creating a car park for one night?

Add "Bring designer wellies" to the womens' invitations.

But then you'll need a boot-room for them to change back into their high-heels and ready access to a tanning salon as the wellies will remove the fake-tan from their calves - OMG, it really is all too much!!

Is this for real. You don't want the hasstle of a bus, you don't want the hasstle of Insurance. What's the point of the Hasstle of getting married ???

If you do not have Public Liability Insurance, you are crazy. What happens if at the end of the night somebody falls over in the field and breaks their leg or neck or pelvis or whatever.

Nothing like doing something on the cheap and then having to take 20 years for paying for being stingy. Get real.

Thats very sexiest - What if the woman is driving or there is no man in the car at all?

Sorry about that.

I don't how you'd manage in the above scenario then, as I would never get into a car with a woman driver.

Relax there Mercman, you'd think you were the one getting married!! We have public liability insurance, just doesn't happen to be were the cars are parked!!
I hear what you are saying but do I have to get insurance also for the bit of road they cross from the field to our house. I haven't really thought about it to be honest. All I wanted to figure out was if it was possible to get people from the house to the field by floodlight, mud free, not if they would actually survive the walk injury free. I shall look into though, goddamn those gut feelings. Anyway, thanks to all the replies, I think we have sorted this one out in a way. Most helpful.