cream coloured kitchens

positivenote

okay so we're looking to get in a whole knew kitchen and have been looking at cash and carry and they seem to be giving the best deals including installation, as the panelling center dont install the kitchens they supply. The problem is that they dont seem to have any cream coloured kitchens. Can anyone recomend anywhere else to have a look at some designs in this colour and if anyone has any comments (pros and cons) about getting a cream coloured kitchen.... namely colour of worktops, floors etc.... we have purchased all our applioances in grey and silver

Cheers as always

Hi positivenote
I purchased a cream kitchen about two years ago from a DIY shop in Kilkenny, they also fitted it. For our new house we are buying our new (solid wood) cream kitchen from Diamond Woodcraft in Carlow - they are listed on www.homewise.ie
I think I saw similar ones on the panelling centre website - you could buy it there and get a carpenter to fit it?
hth
Ruth

as far as I know C&C don't fit, they just recommend fitters. Panelling centre cream kitchens are nice and you can ask a friend to recommend a fitter. I wouldn't let someone fit it unless I'd seen their work though as from experience I've seen how things can go wrong and doors/units can get easily damaged especially if painted finish and if you need them to cut units or worktops to size.

The kitchen in our house (as standard) was cream doors with beech worktops and surrounds. I think it looks well, nice and bright. The only downside is the increased possiblility of damaging the worktops with hot pots and knives, however a glass worktop saver beside the cooker has solved this problem so far (2.5 years on).

The doors do need frequent wiping down especially the intergrated fridge, dishwasher and under the sink as every little mark shows up.

We went for a greyish/blueish slate like tile on the floor and imo it works well as we have a stainless steel cooker/hob and cooker hood. We also chose a stainless steel kettle, toaster, microwave & other gadgets.

The supplier of the kitchen in our houses are Nolan Kitchens.http://www.nolankitchens.com/

and the kitchen doors are this style

[broken link removed]

Hi,

I see someone has mentioned that the Panelling Centre do nice cream kitchens which is what you are looking for. They have a list of recommenced fitters and we used one of these and they were fine. Perhaps this is an option?

cheers for the advice so far, any idea of prices for the panelling center and their recomended fitters?

Its a good few years ago since we had ours fitted and he has moved down the country since so I can't recall the price/make a recommendation.

Yea, panelling centre have lovely crean/vanilla farmhouse style kitchen on display in Santry .. Nice detail on it with hardwood worktop ... We're goin' for one with Belfast sink ... I think if you spend over 5k they will throw in an appliance ... But haggle ... On the website you can request a brochure ... We did and they also sent back a vouchure for 100 euro which can be used for the design with a sales person and colour print off of yur dream kitchen ...

www.in-house.ie/product_details.asp?pro_id=134&cat=1&subcat=1