Crawford Woods, Church Hill, Cork

Marble

Hi,

Does anyone know about this development, they have opened a showhouse recently and I am wondering if they are selling/good value/popular/good house finish?

They seem expensive to me and in a location with very few amenities within walking distance.

Does anyone know if there are plans for further development in this location?

Hi, We had a look at these houses yesterday, they are very nice but also very expensive. €560k for a 4 bed semi-d, about 1500 sq feet. €595k for a converted semi-d ( so the attic is converted into a Master bedroom with ensuite & walk in wardrobe ), about 1750 sq feet.
Didnt even look at the detached houses, I'd say they are probably €700k + for the smaller ones.
They all come with granite worktops, solid wood kitchens, bathrooms fully tiled, fireplace, fitted wardrobes etc etc.
I'd say the houses will be built very well cause it is a Murnane & O' SHea development.
Not sure if they are selling quickly or not, would like to hear what other people think of them....Is it too much money for a semi-d? Seems like a lot to me but hubbie wants to put a deposit on one this week.

I agree the houses in Crawford Wood are very nicely finished and well specced - probably the best new builds I've seen recently. Was very impressed when I looked around. The show house semi-d's have a decent size front living room - but 600K for a semi-d with extended attic may give you 1750sq ft but the house is still a semi-d. Just not quite sure if the location justifies the price - fair enough its near a good school and reasonably handy for town but I reckon you could get a detached house in the area for similar (or less) including stamp duty.

See for example.
[broken link removed]=

[broken link removed]=

Not sure how well they are selling as they were originally advertised in the examiner 'classfied' and have had a full page spread in the last couple of weekend property sections. Have a feeling that buying here could be at the top end of the market - but then that probably applies to most places now!!!! Good luck.

We looked at those 2 houses aswell. There was an offer on the one in Glytown road for €552k I think, when you add on stamp duty it ends up costing >590k,outta our budget! The second house was nice ( and cheaper ) but one of the bedrooms is downstairs which we didnt like.
Looks like we may be holding onto our own house for a while and see if any other new developments start around the area which are more affordable!
Good point about the advertising, I'd say they wont sell all that fast, its a lot of money for a Semi-d...