Crashed car what to do with it ?

Determined

I crashed by rather beat up 96 Mondeo on Stephens night all walked away fine and long and the short of it is lessons have been learnt on going too fast
However I manged to drive it home that night but since then it has been parked up in my drive
It now won't start and will have to be towed away but to where and by whom ??? Sorry I'm just clueless
It's nct'd till 09 taxed till August would anyone buy it in this state if not can I claim back any of the tax etc
Any advice apprec

I think you can scrap it with the local authority. There are some forms to fill out.

You can go to the office (Marrowbone Lane, right side as you head towards Thomas St.) and they will give you the form to fill in. You sign a form giving them the right etc. A charge of E30 and they will remove it within a week. If you do get parking fines etc. in the meantime ....... you've got to cough up. Even if you let the doors open, the modus operandi is the forks in through the window and up she goes.

Thanks guys at least I don't need to worry about parking fines as it's in my drive but is there any chance of claiming back any of the tax on the car
At 360 euro tax paid for a year and 7 months tax still on it that's 210 Euro !!!!!
Is there any way around it ?
Happily pay 30 to have it towed

Hi Determined,
I work for an insurance company and could give you a few names and numbers of salvage agents if you PM me. Motor tax office won't refund your tax without a few forms, they should be able to tell you which ones - I know something has to be stamped by the gardai. Get this done pdq otherwise you're going to miss out on February's tax too.

Hi Determined,
Have you thought about selling the car for 'spares or repair'? What type of car is it?