Craig Tara,Scotland

D

Daisyduke

Hi,i was just wondering if anyone has been to Craig Tara in Scotland??? Its part of Haven group! We have been to Kiln Park which didnt get great reviews but the kids had a ball and we all really enjoyed it but i was checking out Craig Tara reviews and they were all terrible,im starting to get nervous now because we are going next month for a week!
Thanks

This looks very like part of the old Butlins holiday camp, now called Haven something or other, I think.

The holiday of choice for tens of thousands of Glasgow families on a budget at one time, I know they knocked all the concentration camp style buildings & generally upgraded the park. No idea how good or bad it is, but I'm sure it's better than it used to be.

Outwith the park, there's plenty to see & do - Culzean Castle is pretty good, Rabbie Burns' cottage nearby, lots of good beaches, Ayr is a nice enough town, Glasgow about an hour away by car or train, literally dozens of golf courses in the area, Arran is well worth a visit.

So you won't be stuck for things to do.
Probably plenty of fellow caravanners will be boozing like there's no tomorrow, but they're unlikely to spoil your enjoyment of a very nice area.