Craig Doyle's show on RTE - does anyone enjoy it?

RMCF

Maybe its just nostalgia, but as someone who grew up watching Gaybo's LLS and the likes of Parkinson on British TV, I was wondering what you think of the current crop of chat shows?

I still find myself watching the LLS, even though I am not a fan of R.Turbidy. Also watch J.Ross the odd time too if the guests are decent enough.

But I can't for the life of me imagine who would find that Craig Doyle show entertaining. He comes on in the breaks to try to sell it, with the worst Z-list 'celebs' you could ever hope to find. Its always soap 'stars' for some reason too. I mean last night I seen him try to sell his show with Kym Marsh and that blonde woman who used to be in Coronation St I think (Denise something?).

I just thought to myself, "would either of those 2 women have anything to say that would remotely interest me?".

Then again, we have hundreds of thousands of people who watch soaps and who are obsessed with the 'celeb' lifestyle, so perhaps there are loads of fans.

I like Tubridy but its really all down to the guests that come on these shows and everybodys personal choice. Some people follow the celebs, others enjoy politicians or sportspeople. Everybody to their own I suppose. I watch Craig Doyles show but he would'nt be one of my favourite personalities.

His Premiership Rugby Union programme with Martin Bayfield on UTV on Sunday night is good and I enjoy it; he seems to know his stuff unlike some who are simply talking heads.

Sue Ellen, your drools are messin' with me post - get a tissue and lie down in a dark room for a while

For me, the only chat show host who has had the balance of reverence and interrogation was Parky.

HATE Gay, Kenny and Tubridy. Haven't seen Doyle but...C'mon...

Marion, I love you please do it ...you can do anything

I think he is ok, it really depends on the guests, I think he getting into his stride and getting better by the week.

I would pick him over Tubrididdy any day..

Tubridy has started to grate. I used to enjoy his former show but I fear he'll go the usual RTE-in-its-own-universe route of becoming totally self-important and annoying to watch.

Doyle is harmless, cant see him thinking that he's the story. Jonathan wRoss is good fun, the quality of his guests is fantastic compared to RTE's pickings.