Cracked Whirlpool Glass Cooking Top

Anto318

Hi all,

I have just notice that there is a crack about 3/4 of the way across my Whirlpool Glass Cooking top.

I just have a few questions:

1. How much would a replacement top cost?
2. Is it dangerous to cook while the top is creacked?
3. Is there any way of fixing the crack without having to replace the whole glass top

Any information you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
AM

Hi there, I would contact the Whirlpool service center (should find it in the book or on net)and get it replaced. it might still be under warranty or if not i would claim it under your household policy which should cover accidental damage.ask your broker to find out. shouldn't adversely affect your premium.

The mother was able to claim on the house insurance for a new cook top when a builder dropped something on it and smashed it.

1. How much would a replacement top cost?
Is this a glass (ceramic?) hob only or part of a cooker (hob plus oven etc.)? In either case but especially if it is just a hob I suspect that a repair might not be cost effective compared to just replacing it.

Its the glass (ceramic) block top, something must have been dropped on it but it is working fine. Is it dangerous to use it while cracked?

Does anyone know how this can be repaired rather than replacement also?

I think it could be potentially dangerous - e.g. pot boils over, liquid makes contact with electrics, danger of electric shock. Personally I would not use one that was damaged in this way just to be on the safe side.