Crack in PSP LCD Screen

JP1234

Hello#

Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that can repair the internal LCD screen on a psp ( outer glass is fine) My son has "mysteriously" found a large crack in his - "no idea how it happened etc etc":rolleyes:. The player itself seems fine as it still switches on and you can see the screen graphics. I have read you can buy the internal screens to replace yourself but would rather be able to send or take it somewhere and have it fixed properly.

Thanks

I dropped my PSP on the floor tiles and shattered the inside of the screen.

Only place i could find to fix it was the UK and cost (if I can remeber) about 100 euro.

I'd be interested in giving it a bash to replace the screen myself.

I had the same problem with my son's PSP. I decide to take the plunge and bought a replacement screen from this seller on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-SONY-PSP-SHARP-LCD-SCREEN-W-BACKLIGHT-REPAIR-PARTS_W0QQitemZ250116065512QQihZ015QQcategoryZ122516QQcmdZViewItem
Cost around 36 euro including delivery. Took around 10 days to arrive and was well packed.
Build up the courage last Saturday to replace the screen. It wasn't as difficult as I imagined, but you need peace and quiet!. You will need a very small #000 philips screwdriver to open the psp. This is very important as with the wrong screwdriver you can destroy the heads on the screws.
Here is a link to a good description of the repair:
http://www.llamma.com/PSP/PSPTearDown.htm
If you buy the screen with backlight attached as above, you won’t actually have to do most of the steps as you will get a complete assembly of LCD and backlight.
You would have to do steps 1-20 and go backwards from there.
I only had a slight problem with the small brown clasp holding the narrow wire contact. The clasp actually popped out and I had to use a tweezers to get it back in!.
Anyway, had it all back together in about 30 minutes and working fine.
Definitively worth trying (around 33 euro now)

Thanks

As it happened we were able to get a better condition than the old one even without the smashed screen reconditioned by Sony from Garmestop for roughly the same price ( probably less!) as having it fixed.

Back