crack in floor, tiling issue

tulip

Am about to start tiling in hall, dining room and living room. I have under floor heating, which I turned on about 2 months ago. The floor in question was poured 12months ago, and there are 2 cracks, across the door openings since about 4-6 weeks after the floor was poured. I don’t think these are an issue, there about 2/3 mil wide and running the length of the door frame.

The thing is the tiller is saying there very big and may affect the tiles that are placed directly over them. He reckons their “bad” cracks. However, these cracks have not got any bigger; can they be filled with some sort of bonding agent?

I thought it would be better to have cracks appear now and deal with them, any thoughts??

I tiled my bathroom as my house was being built and i one corner over the door i've now got a cracked tile as it bonded so well to the wall, i'd imagine if your heating has been on for a few months the concrete has cured and your cracks shouldn't get any wider, as for filling in the cracks i've used a stone repair from unibond i got in the local co-op did the job lovely.

Back