Covid19 WSS - off work to isolate, no wages

Plek Trum

Hello all,

I had to attend my GP on Thursday 13th with a chest infection and as per safety protocol, was sent for a Covid test. My place of employment had to close for 2 days ( very close staff proximity, working with public, closed Thursday / Fri) as a precautionary measure. I recieved my negative result on Saturday afternoon.

Our wages were processed and i received a payslip for Wednesday / Thursday / Friday, the days i worked and was scheduled to work, under the Covid 19 wage subsidy scheme but my employer has withheld my payment of wages to me.

We do not have sick leave payment at work.
I do not expect to be paid for Thursday & Friday BUT if my employer has been paid my wages by the Government and registered same with Revenue then are they obliged to pass them onto me? Is there part of yhe Wage Subsidy scheme that is meant for this reason, to keep staff on payroll during a temporary layoff?

I am relieved to have had a negative result obviously and will be returning to work Monday 17th (even though i was certified off until next Thursday, we are short staffed, i have to go in).

If my employer does finally pass on my wages from this week due to me, can my employer ask me to work 16 hours without pay for the week beginning Monday 17th to offset the 2 days we were closed this week while waiting my test result.

My employer pays a third party to process payroll so never answers my questions re wages and emails to the 3rd party never receive a reply.

Thanking you

Back