Covid PUP - will it be extended and GDPR query

ATC110

Have there been any suggestions the PUP might be extended beyond 10th August?

Also, I expected to be asked to sign a GDPR release by Revenue before they forwarded my tax return to the DEASP but I wasn't.

Is this a potential GDPR breach or is information sharing between government departments permitted?

Also, I expected to be asked to sign a GDPR release by Revenue before they forwarded my tax return to the DEASP but I wasn't.

Is this a potential GDPR breach or is information sharing between government departments permitted?
Consent is not required for all types of processing/ disclosure. More information on the DPC website.

For the self-employed, when you confirm eligility online, you are asked when do you expect to return to work, with options of within 3 months, within 6 months, or not sure. This would suggest that extension is at least being considered.

Seems like a GDPR issue to me. There must be some lawful basis for the information sharing. I'm not aware of any rule that would allow sharing in these circumstances. Would have been very easy for them to seek consent when confirming the payments, but they don't seem to have done that.

Last edited:
For the self-employed, when you confirm eligility online, you are asked when do you expect to return to work, with options of within 3 months, within 6 months, or not sure. This would suggest that extension is at least being considered.

Seems like a GDPR issue to me. There must be some lawful basis for the information sharing. I'm not aware of any rule that would allow sharing in these circumstances. Would have been very easy for them to seek consent when confirming the payments, but they don't seem to have done that.

My payment has just been cut off because DEASP say they've not record of PRSI payments for me- but if they can access Revenue they should be able to see my up-to-date payments, it's such frustrating nonsense!!!

Back