court order re: family law

jerry1

Hi has any body any experience with court orders.
I got a court order to set times to see my daughter,to be collected and dropped back to her home, every 2nd weekend from 12noon sat to 7.30pm sun.The problem i have is her mother this week has told me i have to now travel a further 40 mins to collect her every 2nd sat or collect her at 7.30 on the friday.I cant get away from work on fridays as things have got so tight with staff being let go etc, i could go the further 40mins but if i do it will change at her every whim, i just think its incrediblly unfair on both myself and my daughter seen as i have a court order! can anyone help

I am not familiar with this situation, but I think it's disgraceful that you can only see your daughter every second weekend! I do think it is unfair!

Would you have another family member near by that could collect her on the Friday if that was acceptable.
Does the court order specify the location of the pick up drop off?

What do you mean that she is telling you that you have to travel a further 40 minutes? Has she moved house or something?

hi the court order states that i pick up and drop back my daughter up from my ex's property, she has taking to working for her self on the weekends at markets so it seems this is only the start of my journeys to collect her. i was under the illusion that if you break the terms of the court order then you get a big fine etc, but it seems this doesnt deter her at all

mick 31
thanks for your reply,
its a strange situation but its the most stable one for my daughter, i work every second weekend and we live a hours drive away from each other, its normal for us

I'd say that legally you are in the right to insist that you be able to collect her in accordance with the terms of the order, and you could return to try to get another order to force this.

However, let's look at this from the judges perspective. The mother is trying to earn a living by attending a market. Markets generally have limited trading hours. Would a judge order her to leave and miss out a significant trading time in the current recessionary times? I know if I was arguing on the mothers behalf, I'd be hopping up and down on that issue.

Is there any possibility that you could arrange an alternative day between you without going to court? Or possibly change the 12:00 start to an evening start and make it an overnight (obviously depending on your needs and your daughters wishes too) or whatever suits everyone.

To be honest j26 i had thought that would be the out come if i went to court, it would just boil my blood that she would get away with messing me around.
I would hope that a amicable arrangement could be struck between to parents but you just feel like you are working for her, she doesnt ask or barter she dictates and if you dont like it then you dont see your kid.... when it comes to time keeping i cant be late not even five mins or early and same applies to dropping her back i was 10 mins early dropping my daughter back last time and she ordered my daughter back my car until 7.30! It seems court seems order only applies to me

Is there anyway you can collect her slightly later than 7.30 on the Friday? That way you would have 2 overnights with her for the weekend which would mean far more time together and also a day where you don't have to drive.

will try that greenqueen but i wont hold my breath tried to organise to collect her today at 4.30 turned up and of ourse no one was there
thanks everyone