Courier a new TV from UK

David_Dublin

Hi all. I want to buy a new television. I tried using Richer Sounds in Belfast but they dont have the model that I want. So I found a company in the UK that deliver free to mainland UK. I have a friend who lives there who;ll take delivery of this. I will will then need to arrange a to get it shipped from his place in UK to Dublin. I'm paying £399 to the telly.
Two questions:
Will I incurr any tax/import/excise on it?
Does anyone know a good company that could look after this for me at an affordable price? Approx weight 18KG.
Thanks

We use DPD (formerly Interlink)

They are not the cheapest, but they are less likely than many others to misplace or damage your item - generally 48 hours from UK.

You may have to pay tax/duty etc - but this is often overlooked.

There should be no question of tax or duty... free movement of goods within the EC should apply.
Whichever courier you choose you should check their insurance cover as most have minimal cover based on weight which is useless for light, valuable goods.( E.G. €100 compensation per 50KG)

There will be no duty, within the EU trade is without charges.

Try this crowd for a quote :

and as mentioned, DPD : [broken link removed]

I ran a very quick quote through DHL for you..

Shipping Rates from United Kingdom
DHL Express Worldwide
18.00 Kgs of parcels or documents = € 121.35
Next Day delivery to major towns and cities

Please note: The rates shown above are an estimate only. They do not include a VAT charge of 21.5% for shipments imported from within the European Union. A flexible monthly Fuel Surcharge applies to all rates. This is 9% for February 2009, for details please visit our Surcharges section.
For billing purposes all weights will be rounded up to the nearest 0.5kg.
These rates apply to customers based in Ireland only.

Thanks a mill Smashbox. Reluctant not to spend the money in Ireland, but I'm being quoted 800 euro for a telly retailing in UK for £400. I'll ring the Irish retailer back and let him know exactly why I am not buying from him.

Back