Couple of lads (mid to late 20's) looking to go on a sun holidays at xmas?

viztopia

has anyone got a good recommendation for a couple of lads (mid to late 20's) looking to go on a sun holidays at christmas?

Re: xmas holidays

Dubai, mad place, great weather, worth seeing, fantastic hotels, good night life, busy at Christmas, direct flights..

all depends on your budget and how far you are willing to go?

thailand. its a great holiday for lads in there 20's

There are huge building sites in Dubai and some of them surround existing hotels putting you right in the middle of a building site, so hotel selection is very important.

To elaborate on the reasons I think it is "mad"

- the scale and size of development is incredible, the tallest building in the world is under construction
- there are ridiculous things from the indoor ski slope and a shopping centre building the style of 5 empires, so plenty to do
- you can drive and still see a lot of the arabic culture, how the real people live out in the desert.

The diversity of people and the array of activities makes it a great place for a holiday. Just don't focus too much on the map as to where it is !!

Went to Puerto Rico ( Gran Canaria ) last Christmas weather was 25-30C. Saw lots of groups of lads and lassies have a good time there.

i agree with Flexible, Puerto Rico (Gran Canaria) strongly ecommended. Go just after Xmas and take in the New Years Eve celebrations - absolutely brilliant. book soon - big demand this time of year.

thanks for all the replies. dont think i would be into thailand or dubai. was in gran carnaries a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty dirty (playes des ingles - not sure of the spelling) heard puerto rico was nice but for older people and couples?

Is this to be a get drunk and meet women holiday or are you interested in something more cultural etc.?

Barcelona is always a good spot (for both!)

more getting drunk & meeting nice ladies. have considered vegas, thanks. barcelona sounds good. What would the weather be like there at xmas? would it be warm enough to wear t-shirts and shorts?

Barcelona would probably not be warm enough at Christmas. Try the south of Spain.

Dubai is a cultural desert.

Ive booked my xmas hols to Cancun in Mexico so Im hoping thats a good place to go at that time.

Back