Country Golf Memberships

InfoSeeker

Hi,

I have a friend who is trying to join a golf club in Cork but all the clubs are full or you have to pay exorbitant [FONT=&quot][/FONT]fees and this has been the case for a few years. My suggestion is to join as a country member of a club anywhere in the country (prob cheapest up west) and get a GUI handicap. Then this will allow him to play in open competitions, scratch cups, etc on golf courses in south munster without having to pay substantial green fees.

My query is does anyone have any suggestions of cheap golf clubs to join as a country member to achieve this? ie he will probably never play the course, just send the 3 cards to get a handicap.

Tks,
Infoseeker

He could try .Each club has a page and country membership details are there if available

InfoSeeker,

I joined Swinford G.C. in Mayo a few years ago with two of my mates.....Not a bad little course and very helpful re; playing the necessary rounds to get your handicap as far as I remember it was only about €175.....It's a 9 hole course though so we got a bit dizzy trying to get 54 holes in on the one day !

r2d2

Ballinasloe Golf Club
www.bgc.ie
has country membership as well ...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Category[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sub[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G.U.I Male[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G.U.I Female[/FONT]
B&K Vouchers
Insurance
Total (Male)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Total [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Female)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Country[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€305[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€20[/FONT]
€25
€0
€20
€345
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€350[/FONT]​

sorry this table didnt come out so well..
Country Member Male: €345
Country Member Female: €350

[broken link removed]

Hi Macnas,

Tks a million for that, it is perfect, close enough to play 3 times to get the handicap and far enough way (ie 50 miles) to be considered a country member.

Back