Councillors ready to claim €10m package in election pay-offs

NorthDrum

http://www.independent.ie/national-...10m-package--in-election-payoffs-1570528.html

Has this been discussed on AAM?

I nearly fainted when I heard this. I dont know why I am surprised considering how out of touch the government appears to be with the current economic climate in the country.

Seriously, is this not just more public service people lining their own pockets at our expense?

I am a partner in a small business, can I get a nice severence package if I have to close because I dont get "voted" a good financial advisor by my clients!

I am sick. If they want their 10 million they should be told, no probs, but overall Councillors will take a 10% (or whatever %) cut in wages across the board to fund this. Tell the children who werent afforded the cervical cancer cure that this money went into councellors not getting voted back in! ! !

I dont want anybody to come here and say , oh well they do it in (install country here), our country is on its knees and these guys are looking after themselves if they arent good enough to keep their own Jobs! Is it a coincidence that FF councellors will probobley be the ones most likely burned at the next local elections!!! I am stunned!

Back