Council Cark park problems; who to contact?

Eurofan

Well tonights the final straw.

We live beside a council car park in Balbriggan and have suffered weekly (minimum, usually 2 or three nights) joy riding at all hours, graffii on our ajoining garage wall, kids drinking, more recently so called 'bottle bongs' used for drug taking throw into our garden or strew around the car park.

Tonight someone decided it'd be a great laugh to set a car on fire, the fire brigade have put it out literally minutes ago.

Phoning the Gardai seems to be a waste of time, one of them admited to me that the boy-racers use scanners so that if a squad car is advised to go to a particular location they're long gone by the time it shows up.

I'm fed up. Who the hell can i contact about getting this car park closed at night?

Contact Fingal county council and/or your local councillor(s). I wouldn't let the Gardai off the hook - put in a call every time you have a problem, so you become more of a pain for them than the kids in the car park.

Eurofan,

I agree with RainyDay. Contact your local councillor/s, ie. the ones specifically elected to your area. How do your neighbours and people in your locality feel about the car park?. Would they be willing to put their signatures to a letter. The more the merrier. Every signature is a vote.:) Find out where your councillor is holding his/her clinic and call to see him/her there. It's not too far away from election time and quite a few councillors will be looking to win a seat in the Dail:) .

Cheers and Good Luck

Justsally

Back