Could O2 be blocking access to Call13434?

RainyDay

I've been using Call13434 to segregate business calls made on my own mobile (o2) for some time now, as outlined on this thread; http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=72558&page=2

I've noticed over recent weeks that frequently when I attempt to dial via Call13434 by dialling the 01-6850850 access number that I get 'network busy'. However, I'm still able to call other numbers and receive calls, so I'm confident that these aren't network problems. It has happened in a variety of locations around Ireland, and the only common factor seems to be the 01-6850850 number. Mind you, it doesn't happen every time I call this number.

Could O2 be blocking or restricting access to Call13434 for competitive reasons?

I've raised this issue with both O2 (awaiting response) and Call13434 (got weak response saying that access was 'at the discretion' of the carrier).

I use this on both my mobile & landline and have found that at certain times, the number does seem to be busy - e.g. quite often on a Sunday during the day, when I would make most of my overseas calls. I think it might be to do with the number of people using the service at any one time rather than the number being blocked by other telecom providers.

same problems here.
Thanks - nice to know I'm not alone.

I use this on both my mobile & landline and have found that at certain times, the number does seem to be busy - e.g. quite often on a Sunday during the day, when I would make most of my overseas calls. I think it might be to do with the number of people using the service at any one time rather than the number being blocked by other telecom providers.

Sure I would get 'number busy' instead of 'network busy'?

Back