Costs to turn a bath around?

HMC

In brief, the bath in my 7/8 yr old house is facing the wrong way and water from the shower above is pooling at the back with no runoff except the hall below where the ceiling has been damaged (not picked up by my surveyor when I bought a year ago).
Anyway, the builder has more or less told me to get lost and my solicitor seems very reticent to chase up the surveyor. Likewise my insurance company won't entertain me.

So, for an easy life I am thinking of getting a plumber in to do the job and be done with it. How much would I be looking at? As there's a crack in the bath I would replace it. There's tiling on three sides.

Thanks.
HMC

Not sure I understand, there is a shower over the bath? Is the water leaking from the crack in the bath? Water should not pool, baths should be fitted level, they have a fall built in.
Take a plumber half day or so to do, you'll also need a tiler to replace tiles.

Is there a best way to achieve this set-up (a shower over a bath) without using a "showerbath" which we think don't look the best? In particular, can it be done using a fairly standard rectangular bath while ensuring water does not pool anywhere. Actually just thought that a lot of hotels have this set-up without using the special baths. Can be a little hard to stand directly under the shower though. Think I will have to take a weekend away!!! Anybodies thoughts appreciated.

Seal around the bath properly,tilt the bath towards the drain,use a shower curtain.

Seal around the bath properly,tilt the bath towards the drain,use a shower curtain.

Incorrect, always fit bath level. Fall is built in. 99% of shower's over baths are just standard baths so you shouldn't have a problem.