Costs not covered by Trademan Insurance

jumper1

Hi , Had a Plumber to carry out some work on my house , unfortunately he caused a lot of damage in the process . Went through his insurance to claim cost or replacing the damaged Items e.g new timber floor . Unfortunately insurance will not pay for somebody to fix the damage e.g lay the new floor . Can i go to small claims court to get this money even though i have been paid for the cost of a new Floor.

Regards, Jumper 1

I always understood that cases like this can go through your own home insurance?

Sorry pressed post too quickly.

Yes , but plumber worked on a new build . Am concerned that if i report it they may refuse to cover future water damage and raise my insurance anyway . Was reported indirectly to insurance company as the tradesman had same insurance company i had and had to give my insurance details .

Hi , Had a Plumber to carry out some work on my house , unfortunately he caused a lot of damage in the process . Went through his insurance to claim cost or replacing the damaged Items e.g new timber floor . Unfortunately insurance will not pay for somebody to fix the damage e.g lay the new floor . Can i go to small claims court to get this money even though i have been paid for the cost of a new Floor.

Regards, Jumper 1

I dont understand why his insurance would not cover this. Has he public liability insurance. He should be liable for consequental damage to other works but he generally would not be covered for repairs to his own works.

Sorry I was going off point . My query is Original Plumbers insurance covered damage caused by leaking pipe but not cost of paying another plumber for getting Access and repairing of leaking pipe . So i was wondering if i can go through small claims to get back the cost of paying the other Plumber to fix the leaking Pipe.

@jumper1
so there is a builder ...
a plumber ..
who else is involved?

Simple comprehensive facts please - otherwise the advice is meaningless.

Sorry I was going off point . My query is Original Plumbers insurance covered damage caused by leaking pipe but not cost of paying another plumber for getting Access and repairing of leaking pipe . So i was wondering if i can go through small claims to get back the cost of paying the other Plumber to fix the leaking Pipe.

I dont know whay they didnt cover it as they should

Back