Costs & inconvenience of vat rate change

8till8

Has there been much media coverage of the costs and inconvenience of the vat increase to 21.5% ? I've missed a lot of radio coverage recently so am unsure if its been highlighted already.

The introduction of a half percentage point is so inconvenient and troublesome that its like a penalty. Even the simple delays when punching figures into a calculator makes the job more troublesome...

you are right but I don't anyone in government cares too busy getting hair done, playing golf and sleeping on the first class flights

so are you saying we should never change tax rates? or should the vat rate have been increased by more as half a percent isn't worth it for the inconvenience?

that's for another thread and wouldn't address the OPs complaint of having to change the rate!

Very little can be done about taxes and that they always seem to go up. My beef is the half percent, its difficult to work with and should really have been rounded up if neccessary to ease the workability of the whole thing.

I've missed a lot of radio coverage recently so am unsure if its been highlighted already

Joe Duffy show last Thursday or Friday, you'll get it on RTE website