Costs in Lanzorote?

askalot

We're heading to Lanzorote in a few weeks and as we are going self-catering for the first time in years I was wondering what the costs on the island are like. What would be a good daily allowance?

Generally costs in Lanzarote are creeping up. That having been said if you could do a 'big' shop at one of the hypermarkets in Playa Honda (Deiland Shoping Centre) and across the road (Viva - I think its called) you could save a bundle. If you're renting a car do this day one. Otherwise I'm afraid its the local supermarkets which like home can inflate their prices. But I have found that they generally are cheaper than Irish prices. Eating out - cheaper; drinking out cheaper ; taxis way cheaper and rarely go on strike . EnjoY!!!!

I suppose coming from Ireland everywhere we go on holidays is relatively cheap. Lanzarote can be done on any budget I suppose-as hansov has said if you do a supermarket shop for breakfasts and lunches you can keep costs down. Last year we mostly ate out. We were in Puerto Del Carmen. THe old town has some restaurants, in particular the fish restaurants by the harbour where you could expect to pay €30 per person for your meal with a drink or two but if you go to the strip down in the new town, many restaurants offer set menus for as little as €9 per person. They were very tasty too - a lot of tex mex, steakhouses and a few nice chinese restaurants. WE hired a car to see all the sights for one day- I can't remember how much it cost but it wasnt expensive and one day is plenty of time for sightseeing by car because it is a very small island. It's very hard to suggest a daily allowance- it depends a lot on how much you will be drinking! But we ate very well and enjoyed a pretty good night life and saw all the sights on about €70 per person per day I'd say.

Have a great holiday

They have a chain of restaurants called "lani's" which we found very affordable and very very tasty.
Restaurants in puerto de Carmen, we found to be dearer then matagorda