Costing for renovation/new build?

W

woodside

Hi all! we are about to renovate 1000ft2 stone house, adding another 1050ft2 to it, we've been giving a quote of €252K.

This price includes new extension to include stone finish, demolition of interior of existing house,repointing of existing stone house, new roof, new chimneys,new stair case, Double glazed upvc sash windows, standard fittings for doors, skirtings etc., includes bathrooms supply and fit (ensuite, family bathroom & downstairs w.c), includes all ground work, paths, septic tank, does not include kitchen, painting, or tiling.

Can anybody tell me if this sounds over the top or about right?

Appreciate any comments

thanks - T

Re: Costing for renovation/new build??

to be honest at €211ft² excluding VAT that is very high. The finish would have to exceptional. The stone will add substancially to the house cost but I dont think it justifys this cost. As you have said that it includes standard fittings for doors, skirtings etc I think you should get another few quotes.

Re: Costing for renovation/new build??

Sorry KKelliher, €252K is total cost of build which works out about €123.00 per ft2, what do you think??

that sounds about right when working with an existing structure.... i take from your post that all you will end up with in the original structure is the four walls standing??? so it includes all new plumbing and electrics throughout???

what part of the country are you in... thats a great price for dublin, alright elsewhere...

woodside

does that include VAT.

It depends on how much work is required in the existing as the size of this will throw your ft² price. I feel that it may still be a little on the expensive side but without looking at the drawings its hard to say.

Just make sure about the spec of finishes your getting.

I would advise you to get another quote

Best of Luck

Thanks for replying "sydthebeat", we will have the four walls standing and includes electrical and all plumbing, we're in Meath so I think Dublin prices apply.

Thanks again - T

Thanks "KKelliher" I think we need that luck!!