Costal region of North West Sligo

Fubar

Hi, I'm considering buying a house in the costal region of north west Sligo and am looking for information on Enniscrone, Easkey, Dromore West areas. My intention would be to use this house as a holiday house so I am particularly interested in beaches (suitable for kids), golf etc. Also if anyone knows of a good estate agent in this area please let me know.

Furbar,

Just back from that area.
Enniscrone has a superb beach but has gone pretty much down the tourist avenue - I'd imagine the town would be chaotic come mid-summer. If you head out the other side of Ballina towards Killala, there are some fantastic beaches there that don't attract the same crowds that I know of (along Ross and Lacken)..

Lovely part of the country - somewhere I'd love to buy a holiday home myself. By the way, there is a free property magazine does the rounds down there - worthwhile getting hold of if you can.

I concur with previous comments ... Enniscrone is a beautiful beach ... very child friendly. I have heard there are some social problems in the area with joy riding on the beach and general thuggary. The planning around Enniscrone is very strictly controlled ... but even so there seem to be lots of vacant houses off season.