Cost to install under-floor heating vs rads

streamer

My other half and I are doing a complete renovation on our house. Its about 120 years old and has concrete floors downstairs (long story) and floorboards upstairs.

We like the idea of under-floor heating and are hoping that as we need to replace both the heating system and a lot of the floors in any event, that the difference in cost between it and radiators won't be too significant. Any body know if this assumption is valid and if so what's a ball park figure for installing it.

I did a scan through previous posts and key threads and while there's a lot of discussion on the merits of each and on how ufh works with various floor types, I didn't see any specifics on costs, apologies if I missed it.

thks in advance

streamer

we have started our new build 3200 sq foot house, to go with conventional rads it would have cost us approx 12K including condenser boiler/oil tank and all plumbing.
Our UFH came in at 11K, so we opted for that with geothermal for another 15K.
Hope this helps

You may have spotted it in the other threads but you need a good to v good standard of insulation when using under floor heating. For a 120 year old house that will require some investment. This is because of the heat loss speed which can be recovered quickly with rads but may work out expensive with under floor

Back