cost to bond a new ceiling to a worn out artex kitchen ceiling

mir2001

Hi
Have been told by surveyor that the kitchen ceiling has had it and that it should either be replaced or have a new ceiling bonded underneath. I dont have a lot of cash to spare here so trying to get an idea of the costs of these options. The artex may contain some asbestos so the second option is the most preferable right now. All contributions appreciated

Based on personal experience, Uni bond and water will provide all the bond you need for a re-skim of the ceiling. The bonding part of the cost is minimal with cost of the reskim being the biggest part. Can't advise on that as I live in England.

Good luck

BillK

You could certainly do the Unibond mix by following the instructions on the tin, but the plastering is best left to professional.

ya . all you need is unibond .plasterer will rub trowl once over stipple to shave off the bottoms of the stipple ,and then skim. Its about a half days work. approx 200 euro plus vat ,including material

If the ceiling 'has had it', then I presume that the artex is coming away in places. The most viable way out is screwing a new plasterboard ceiling on top of the old one and skimming. Cost? Depends on square metres, height, accessability, if there are sunken lights etc.

Thanks for all the advice,
Simeon
Screwing a new new ceiling to the old one sounds good. I dont want to apply a quick fix now only to have to revisit it soon after. The size of the room is 16sq meters. The ceiling isnt high and I dont think there is anything awkward about accessing it.

I've got a tight budget to keep to that price sounds good, thanks. Dont suppose anyone can recommend a good plasterer for the job? thanks

Hi Mir 2001, just seen this, did you get any recommendations? Need to get plasterer for similar job so you might PM me if any joy? Thanks!

Back