cost sunroom kerry

D

dansmum

I've seen a lot about sunrooms in and around dublin but wondered if anybody could recommend a firm to build a sunroom (roughly 12ft x 8ft) in the Kerry area. I would want a regular roof (no velux) and electricity and a radiator - nothing too fancy. Failing any recommendations, a ballpark figure for this size of sunroom would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Johndoe24 for your pms. To date i've had a quote for 24 k from a conservatory company for all the work (they came down to 20k wen i said that was too much) and another quote from a building contractor for 13k which seems a huge difference altogether. Both agreeing to do the same work. I'm waiting on a few more quotes - would love to take the 13k one but i'm suspicious that its too low? Need to speak to that builder again and find out wot he's done elsewhere and get some references. I've never dealt with builders before and wondered should i maybe get my solicitor to make up a contract agreeing exactly what he's agreed to do and for how much and with a time frame - or does the builder do that? Also how does it usually work with regards to stage payments - i assume i'd have to give him a certain amt upfront for materials?
I don't think direct labour would be the way to go for me - it seems daunting dealing with just the builder who'd be co ordinating the electrician, roofer and plumber etc - i'd never manage a few different tradesmen as I haven't much of a clue to be honest!

Ask the 13k builder can you view his work elsewhere.

I had a sunroom added 2 years ago for 22k including 2 velux windows, radiator, solid wood floor, recessed lighting, sliding door etc (approx 18ft by 12 ft) by Sunshine Ltd in Galway.

Perfect job but they were pretty slow.

Dansmum, welcome to AAM. Please note you should be very wary of any recommendations received via PM.
Leo

I had a sunroom built earlier this year by a builder who had done other work for me. it is 10ft x 20ft. Cost €17,300 and included 2 rads, 2 velux, 2 doors, slatted ceiling and electrical work. The windows were included in the 17.3 number and came to circa €3k.