Cost of Wireless Alarm System

MPH

Can you help?

4 Bed House 1200sqft

I want to put in a wireless system. Anybody know what this would cost?
I know it's somewhat as long as a piece of string but if anyone has fitted similar and could share their experience I would be grateful.

Thanks
MPH

Use the search facaility, there are a number of previous threads with the details you're looking for.
Leo

I had a 4 bed priced by eircom letely they have a wireless option or system with wires...try them i thought the quote was reasonable 660 i think for installation plus 3 months free monitoring... i think the monitoring and servicing contract after that is about 15 euro a month. they are really pushing it at the moment so you may get a good deal.

I recently got a wireless system installed( 5 windows, 2 doors and 2 motion detectors, keypad) from eircom and it cost 1600 which includes 15 months monitoring

I got Eircom Phonewatch installed free of charge a couple of years ago .

The deal at the time was that I signed a three year deal. I pay Euro 42 a month.

It is obviously run over the Eircom phone line, but, within the house it is totally wireless and the sensors are not ugly or intrusive. The installation technician was very efficient and installed as many sensors as we felt we needed.

I know people have had frustrations with Eircom, but, I have found them very reliable for this as well as my business broadband (albeit be through Magnet) for my home office. Compared to Chorus and NTL, they are saints!

As I discovered during a Saturday brunch fry-up recently, there is also a smoke alarm which goes off and was responded to by a phone call from the montoring centre.... even though the alarm was deactivated.

Try http://www.intellihome.be/english/index.asp who sell wireless security kits you install yourself. I installed one for €299 in our Shomera andit works like a dream. It will telephone up to 6 numbers if there is an alarm activation. You can also control lights individually to make the house look occupied when empty. The fact that its wireless (X10 system that uses the ring main) makes installation simple. For a large house you will need extra sensors - go to their website and you can price individual sensors to add to the basic kit.

That all sounds pretty good.
But you are paying way over the odds for your monitoring.

I have my telephone cable coming in through a small box to the side of the house whcih does not have a lock on it. it is similiar to a small esb box. If the alarm runs off the telephone if this is cut will it not deactivate the alarm or does the alarm automaticallly go off if this is cut??

Lastbuilders

If the system is installed properly. The system will activate is the phone line is cut. (provided the system is armed)
I would recommend using a GSM dialler as opposed to a land line.