Cost of Website

Tomorrow

Hi all

I am at the start of the process of trying to get a website organised.

I am wondering how much I can expect to pay?

I know the cost will depend on many factors but for example:-

1. 3 websites (2 with 7/8 pages and 1 with 2/3 pages
2. professionally designed and laid out
3. Designed with specific key words to get the most out of google searches

The first quote I have received is €1500 - is this reasonable?

Many thanks for your help

Tomorrow

I can put you in touch with someone who is very reasonable, they did my website for me as part of their advertising port-folio.

Designed with specific key words to get the most out of google searches

is not within the capability of all website designers so you need to be clear on your web designers skills in this area

Making a website accessible across all browers and operating systems is often overlooked as well is basic accessibility compliance.

A careless design, using wrong fonts, colors links etc can disenfranchise up to 15% of the population at one fell swoop.

The links below may help - u also need to meet the legal/compliance requirements re entity disclosure on face of site

http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/accessibility.php

[broken link removed]
http://webaim.org/intro/

http://www.nda.ie/website/nda/cntmgmtnew.nsf/0/34774EDB9EDC2A1E80256F8600431030?OpenDocument

Once u get up and running you may need ongoing updating/maintenance so don't get caught by a web designer using some proprietary software.

Also make clear with whom the copyright resides?

Hi all

I am at the start of the process of trying to get a website organised.

I am wondering how much I can expect to pay?

I know the cost will depend on many factors but for example:-

1. 3 websites (2 with 7/8 pages and 1 with 2/3 pages
2. professionally designed and laid out
3. Designed with specific key words to get the most out of google searches

The first quote I have received is €1500 - is this reasonable?

Many thanks for your help

Tomorrow

it can be done much cheaper and still retain the professional aspects, and have 24x7 support should the need arise.
what line of business are you in?

I can put you in touch with someone who is very reasonable, they did my website for me as part of their advertising port-folio.

imagine if i said to my builder, I dont want to pay you so can you do it as part of your portfolio... you never would so why treat creatives like their time does not matter.

Expect to pay €1000 for a standard of the shelf website, €2000 for a simple tailored site, and anywhere up from there for bespoke programming flash work etc etc...

I would also like to update my website.

I'd be happy to use a template.

I would like a PHP based, dynamic website, .. which uses a back end MySQL database which holds the products, descriptions and photos. The website should be laid out using CSS, no flash anywhere. I can write all the content, and I can also write all the database queries. I just need help with the overall layout, in CSS, and help in choosing colour and fonts. So I just need a homepage, and then some sub pages... I can take it from there,.. or I'd also pay someone if they could do more at reasonable rates, perhaps helping with the database for example.

I have looked on TemplateMonster and other sites, and I don't seem able to find complete websites, with more than just a home page. It seems very hard to find appropriate website templates, which are suitable for displaying catogorised products.

I sell furniture, so I'd like overall product categories like Kitchens, Bedrooms etc, and then sub categories like Kitchens-Island, and Kitchens-Fitted Cabinets --- etc etc.

Should I put a tender up on TenderMe, with a complete and exhaustive description?

I can post up a complete spec if people are interested in quoting.

I would most prefer to hire an employee on a daily rate, of around 100, 120 or 150 a day. A guy getting 150 per day would have to be very competent.

Any pointers?

Thank you for your replies.

I am an accountant and I would have all the content.

But I may need help in relation to page layout maybe some advice on what works best etc.

I really just want to check is €1500 is reasonable for three sites.

Tomorrow,
I've a few sites of my own (I'm not a designer or developer)
1500 sounds reasonable give the limited info you've supplied.

Thanks for that flattea2

I appreciate its hard to tell with website as there is such a wide range in terms of quality.

Back