Cost of stainless steel double skinned flue liner

BillK

I have just had a quote for relining two flues at my two-storey house using the above material.

I would be grateful if anyone could let me know the cost per foot of the steel liner to give me an idea whether it's a good price or not. I have been unable to get any other quotes so far and this company is approx 100 miles away.

Thanks

BillK

Prices are UK, in Sterling, but give you an indication of the cost of the raw materials. That stuff is expensive, has a limited life, and the extra bits and pieces soon add up!

edited to ask: Why are you going for twinwall flue instead of re-lining? Asking as a matter of interest.

Chimneys are for the most part relined using twinwall flue liners, if there are other cheaper options let us know?

Joejoe

Joejoe

Not only cheaper, but better imho are the pumice liner systems available. One of the biggest "names" is Isokern.

Prices in STG£ here:
http://www.specflue.com/price_lists/Isokern_Price_List.pdf

Instruction leaflet here:

Dublin based distributor here:
http://www.anki.ie/index.php?p=1_24

Twinwall systems have a place, certainly - I have used them myself, and will be building another chimney with them in the near future - they are a quick and relatively economical way of building a stand-alone chimney where traditional masonry construction is inappropriate (or unwarranted).

@OP

Have you spoken to this company?
[broken link removed]

I know nothing about them, Google turned them up. It might be worth talking to them to get a second opinion/quote for comparison.

Thanks to all for the information provided.

Mystic Oil

Reason for opting for twin wall is primarily difficulties in accessing the chimneys.

Because of the roof shape - i.e. a pyramid and therefore unable to use ladders and crawlers.
From the front of the house to the furthest chimney is about 8 metres and the height to the top of the chimney is approx 9 metres.

Access therefore will have to be via a big "cherrypicker".
If we were to go the relining route via Thermocrete we would also need to have a pump capable of getting the material up to the stacks and be on the drive at the same time as the cherrypicker and there simply isn't room given the size of the access to the drive - about 8 feet, telephone wires crossing the site etc.

I should point out that I live in a small town in the English Midlands and we, sadly, tend not to have the size sites that you have over there.

Thanks again for the advice and info,

BillK