Cost of side gate

albob

Hi all,
I am looking to put a side gate up fr my house. Width will be approx 4 feet. Height ~6.5 feet. Quote from guy for making and installing is about 200e. Sounds ok, but just want to get a second opinion. It is only a gate. No extra fencing etc is required.
Thanks

Got a side gate fitted last week by a carpenter doing work on my house. Total cost was €200 for supply and fit.

200 is about right, although i've seen adverts of 180 for a standard gate, same size as yours. Other factors are material - type of wood or iron etc ...

Got a quote of €1120 for 2 x arches and 1 side gate (the gate slotting into the arch) in mig welded, galvanised steel with gate latch. Supply only.

100% more than the type of price I was expecting..

Sorry to butt in on thread, but I'm looking for exactly the same thing - a side gate into back garden of semi-detached.

I had heard from other people that it would be around 200 euro too but I just wondered if anyone could recommend someone in the Bray/Wicklow/South Dublin area?

It's impossible to tell from the Golden Pages or local ads who'll do a good job!
Thanks

Back