Cost of servicing a car.

W

western

I had my car fully serviced last week in Galway for €220. This is my first car and the first time that I have had the car serviced so I would appreciate if anyone could advise if the below quote is far too expensive for parts and work to be carried out as a result of that service. Thanks.

Car type Peugeot 206 1.4 GLX with 35000 miles. 2000 Reg. Bought second hand from garage in Jan 08 with full NCT and 3 month warranty.

quote.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my car fully serviced last week in Galway for €220. This is my first car and the first time that I have had the car serviced so I would appreciate if anyone could advise if the below quote is far too expensive for parts and work to be carried out as a result of that service. Thanks.

Car type Peugeot 206 1.4 GLX with 35000 miles. 2000 Reg. Bought second hand from garage in Jan 08 with full NCT and 3 month warranty.

quote.jpg

Thats a big bill,

3 points

1) Does the timing belt and pump need to be done at only 35k
2) The shocks and joint should have been picked up when you got the car checked out if you only bought it in January (unless roads are very bad). So you should have know this had to be done.
3) Query the amount of time it will take to perform the tasks

quote.jpg

If you got your car serviced last week for €220 what is the quote for?:confused:

Timing belts degrade with age even on low mileage cars and do need to be changed .The water pump is normally changed at the same time to save money in the long run

Back