Cost of sending a parcel to Zagreb or anywhere in Croatia ?

bullworth

I checked Ryanair and it appears they want 40 euro for 15 kg checked in bag and 60 euro for a 20kg checked in bag so it looks like the price of this sort of thing has gone nuts.

I checked anpost.ie and they seem to want 100 euro for a 20kg parcel.

Is there any really cheap way of sending items across when the time taken for delivery doesn't matter ? I remember sending goods to Dublin by ship when I was in the USA. It took 6 weeks to 2 months and was by far the cheapest option. The fact that the an post website appears to indicate they cost more than checking a bag into Ryanair looks crazy. I probably have 40 to 50 kg to send and I don't want to be silly with my money and get a bad deal. is there no cheap option for deliveries via ship from Dublin ?

An post only have an air parcel service - you need to check the likes of gls or dpd both of whom should be able to offer a ground service

thanks . I will investigate this tomorrow. Maybe theres an airline with larger ticket charges but which is less strict about baggage ? I cant believe how much Ryanair wanted for check in baggage.